Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA)
Dr. Malter teaches HTMA training courses for health professionals. He also offers seminars for the public on various aspects of HTMA and nutrition. Dr. Rick Malter is a leading expert in using hair tissue mineral analysis. In 2002, he published his seminal book The Strands of Health: A Guide to Understanding Hair Mineral Analysis. He also has published several articles on HTMA in the Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine since 1994, and continues to do research, publish, and consult on HTMA.
Nutrition for Stress Management
A Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA) shows Graphic Patterns of nutrient minerals that display what is happening in a person’s Mind/Body system. The HTMA pattern is a Summation of how different Life Style Factors are affecting a person. Included in these 5 life style factors are:
1) Diet and exercise
2) Stress — Physical or emotional including relationships
3) Vitamins, minerals and herbs
4) Drugs and medications
5) Toxic metals
All of these life style factors together have a significant effect on the nutrient minerals that appear in an HTMA test. This effect is observable in the unique nutrient mineral patterns of a person’s HTMA.
There are two basic hair HTMA patterns:
The FAST Metabolic Type (Oxidizer)
The SLOW Metabolic Type (Oxidizer)
In February, 2003, Dr. Rick Malter published The Strands of Health: A Guide to Understanding Hair Mineral Analysis. For the past 30 years, Dr. Malter has specialized in working with hair tissue mineral analysis (HTMA) in his nutrition counseling work. He has written and published several articles on hair HTMA. He continues to do research, writes articles and publishes, gives seminars and consults on hair HTMA.
Health Seminars and Workshops Online
• “Freeing the Inner Child” – A Path to Joy and Empowerment
• Estrogen, Copper, and Women’s Health Problems
• PMS- A Mental Disorder?
• Stress and Mental Illness
• Immunity and Good Health
• Stress, Magnesium and Heart Disease
• Vitamin D and Magnesium: Making Healthy Choices
Health Education & Stress Management
Where Mind and Body Unite
For an outline of two training programs, click here (Adobe PDF):
• The Psychology of Stress, Level 1 (10-hours)
• Stress and the Judge (Power Point)
• Nutrition, Stress, and Hair Mineral Analysis (10-hours)
• Copper Toxicity Symptoms (Adobe PDF)
• Magnesium Deficiency Symptoms (Adobe PDF)
• Magnesium and the Body’s Nutrient Mineral System (Adobe PDF)
• Calcium and Vitamin D Supplements (Adobe PDF)
• Why do a Hair Analysis? (PowerPoint)